CSAR’s media team welcomes any opportunity to speak with journalists in the interest of the following priorities:
- Advocating for BSAR-related bills in the Colorado state legislature (see fact sheets below)
- Providing public education about backcountry safety
- Increasing public awareness of the funding and recruitment needs of Colorado’s backcountry BSAR teams
- Educating the public about how Colorado BSAR teams work and what challenges they face, now and in the future
- Efforts to proactively design a sustainable backcountry search and rescue system for Colorado.
- Promoting partner organizations that provide backcountry safety education.
The CSAR media team cannot comment on or answer questions regarding specific rescue incidents. Inquiries should be directed to the sheriff’s office for that particular incident.
Please see downloadable PDFs below for information and statistics about our member teams, what they do, how they are funded, why they don't charge for rescue, and what our current and future challenges are. For interview requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.