CSAR’s media team welcomes any opportunity to speak with journalists in the interest of the following priorities:
- Advocating for SAR-related bills in the Colorado state legislature (see fact sheets below)
- Providing public education about backcountry safety
- Increasing public awareness of the funding and recruitment needs of Colorado’s backcountry SAR teams
- Educating the public about how Colorado SAR teams work and what challenges they face, now and in the future
- Efforts to proactively design a sustainable search and rescue system for Colorado.
- Promoting partner organizations that provide backcountry safety education
We are particularly interested in speaking with journalists about the increasing mission load and funding needs of SAR teams, both before the pandemic and even more so during, because we believe increasing public awareness is an important step toward our current efforts to design a more sustainable system.
The CSAR media team cannot comment on or answer questions regarding specific rescue missions. Inquiries should be directed to the sheriff’s office for that particular incident.
Please see downloadable PDFs below for information and statistics about our member teams, what they do, how they are funded, why they don't charge for rescue, and what our current and future challenges are. For interview requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.